Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

EPM7064LI44-15 with ID check error

GloriaChen520
Beginner

EPM7064LI44-15 is with ID check error, pls check the photos for details.

Pls help to suggest how to deal with the problem, thank you.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

Can you use Quartus programmer to program the device?

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
GloriaChen520
Beginner

Hello Farabi,

Yes, we used uartus programmer to program the device, and it shows the part number is EPM7064S, not EPM7064LI44-15.

Can you sugget how to process it?

Thanks,

Gloria

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

What do the markings on the physical device look like? Can you post a photo of it?

A 7064S could be programmed to replace a 7064 exactly in fit/form/function. The JTAG pins can be repurposed.

The 7064 went EOL a long time ago, the 7064S more recently.

0 Kudos
GloriaChen520
Beginner

Hello,

Pls check the marking of EPM7064LI44-15, and suggest us how to process next.

marking.jpgQQ图片20230607135234.jpg

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

-What are the Quartus version that was used?

-Did you try to auto detect using Quartus? What does it show?

-From where did you purchase the FPGA?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

This thread is confusing.

EPM7064LI44 is a non-JTAG device. You need an old Altera MPU unit or a third party programmer.
OP shows they are getting an ID check error using a thrird party XELTEK SuperPro3000 programmer.
It should support programming that device in PLCC44 using the appropriate socket adapter via the old parallel program algorithm.

Since EPM7064LI44 is non-JTAG, programming using Quartus and a USBBlaster style device is not possible.

This comment by the OP makes no sense to me...
"we used (Q)uartus programmer to program the device, and it shows the part number is EPM7064S, not EPM7064LI44-15."

No available versions of Quartus support development for the original EPM7xxx (non-A/B/S JTAG) versions.
You need to go back to either MaxPlusII or a version of Quartus in the single digit range (ie, 1 thru 9).

I would recommend dumping the EPM7064 and replacing with EPM7064S and/or ATF1504AS series from Atmel/Microchip.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

AK6DN are correct. The picture shared was also not showing the usage of Quartus. Any update for this case?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos