Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

Error (209034): Can't find JTAG Server

Blues-sptn
Novice

I am using a Stratix V device.
I am currently evaluating Stratix V. When I try to write SOF using 18.1 Programmer on a Windows 10 PC
When I try to write SOF, I get the following error message
When I try to write SOF using 18.1 programmer on a Windows 10 PC, the following error message comes up and I cannot write. Is there any way to solve this problem?
Error (209034): Can't find JTAG Server
Error (209053): Unexpected error in JTAG server -- error code 44 Error (209012): Operation failed

The same board can be written on a Windows 7 PC with 18.1 Programmer.
I don't think it's a problem with the board.
Also, on another Windows 10 PC, 16.1 and 19.1 Programmer
The same error or blue screen appeared and the PC rebooted.

No problem with Windows 7, but not with Windows 10.
Please let me know the solution.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, this KDB is applicable.

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd08312016_161.html

At the meantime, i would suggest to reinstall the USB driver in windows 10 to solve the problem. Below are the steps that you can refer to:

1. Plug the USB-Blaster into your PC.
  2. Open the Device and Printers (Control Panel | Devices and Printers).
  3. Under Unspecified, USB Blaster should be listed. Right mouse click on this and then select Properties.
  4. Select the Hardware tab and select Properties.
  5. A new window should pop up with the General tab already selected. Select Change Settings.
  6. Again a new window should pop up with the General tab already selected. Select Update.
  7. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Find <Path to Quartus II installation>\quartus\drivers\
  • (Note 1: Your altera file is located at the location you selected when you first installed quartus. The location listed in this document is the default location)
  • (Note 2: Stop at the drivers folder, i.e., do NOT go deeper by opening a folder within the drivers folder)
  1. Select OK. Make sure the proper path was selected then select Next.
  2. If the Windows security window pops up Check the Always trust software from “Altera Corporation”box and select Install.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

It seems like your USB Blaster is not installed properly in windows 10 and thus quartus couldnt find the JTAG. Can you please try to reinstall the USB Blaster driver?

0 Kudos
Blues-sptn
Novice

Thank you for your answer.

The following information was found in Intel's KDB.
https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd08312016_161.html

The content here is that the phenomenon of blue screen has been confirmed in Windows 7 and later (Windows 10, etc.).
The workaround is to use an older driver.
Which version fixes this problem? Can you please tell me which version has fixed it or is planning to fix it?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, this KDB is applicable.

At the meantime, i would suggest to reinstall the USB driver in windows 10 to solve the problem. Below are the steps that you can refer to:

1. Plug the USB-Blaster into your PC.
  2. Open the Device and Printers (Control Panel | Devices and Printers).
  3. Under Unspecified, USB Blaster should be listed. Right mouse click on this and then select Properties.
  4. Select the Hardware tab and select Properties.
  5. A new window should pop up with the General tab already selected. Select Change Settings.
  6. Again a new window should pop up with the General tab already selected. Select Update.
  7. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  8. Find <Path to Quartus II installation>\quartus\drivers\
  • (Note 1: Your altera file is located at the location you selected when you first installed quartus. The location listed in this document is the default location)
  • (Note 2: Stop at the drivers folder, i.e., do NOT go deeper by opening a folder within the drivers folder)
  1. Select OK. Make sure the proper path was selected then select Next.
  2. If the Windows security window pops up Check the Always trust software from “Altera Corporation”box and select Install.

0 Kudos
Blues-sptn
Novice

Thanks for the reply.
It worked fine with the ver13.1 driver.

0 Kudos