CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Error: Makefile is not up to date @ NIOS 2 Eclipse

ABola2
Novice

Again and again I see this error every time I edit the BSP settings:

make all

Makefile not up to date.

settings.bsp has been modified since the BSP Makefile was generated.

Generate the BSP to update the Makefile, and then build again.

To generate from Eclipse:

1. Right-click the BSP project.

2. In the Nios® II Menu, click Generate BSP.

To generate from the command line:

nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings= --bsp-dir=

make: *** [makefile] Error 1

I do these steps and still seeing the same damn error. Every thing is ok and don't tell me to just do the steps above.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Sometimes the compiler isn't able to update the Makefile and when you update the BSP settings the Makefile will be out of date: To work around this, do the following: 1- Open the BSP project folder 2- Right click the Makefile>> Delete 3- Open the NIOS II Command Shill 4- Write the following command: cd <...../project_bsp> nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=settings.bsp --bsp-dir=<C:/…./<project_bsp/> 5- Build your project again. I've tried this and the issue gone.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Sometimes the compiler isn't able to update the Makefile and when you update the BSP settings the Makefile will be out of date: To work around this, do the following: 1- Open the BSP project folder 2- Right click the Makefile>> Delete 3- Open the NIOS II Command Shill 4- Write the following command: cd <...../project_bsp> nios2-bsp-generate-files --settings=settings.bsp --bsp-dir=<C:/…./<project_bsp/> 5- Build your project again. I've tried this and the issue gone.
Abe
Valued Contributor II

If the above steps do not resolve the issue, do a make clean or make clean_bsp and then delete the Makefile that is present in the BSP directory as well as in the Application directory. After doing this, you will have to generate the Makefiles again and then do the BSP & APP builds.

Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Amanda, Please confirm if this resolve the issue otherwise please share more info so I can help you.
0 Kudos
ABola2
Novice

Thanks a lot, It is amazing solution for now. do you know when you gunna fix this issue completely?

0 Kudos