Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

Failed Co simulation of a Example HLS design

nikhl
Novice

Hi  ,

I am have installed the intel Quartus prime 22.2 development suite in my system and tried to compile and test the HLS counter example design but it fails in the Co-simulation.

i++ counter.cpp  -v   -march=Arria10 -o test-fpga
Target FPGA part name:   10AX115U1F45I1SG
Target FPGA family name: Arria10
Target FPGA speed grade: -1
Analyzing counter.cpp for testbench generation
Creating x86-64 testbench 
Analyzing counter.cpp for hardware generation
Verifying version information in the included files.
Expecting version 22.2.0.46.1 for all included files.
Included files passed version check. Checked:  none.
Optimizing component(s) and generating Verilog files
Generating cosimulation support
Generating simulation files for components: count
HLS simulation directory: /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/hls/examples/counter/test-fpga.prj/verification.
HLS Elaborate verification testbench FAILED.
See /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/hls/examples/counter/test-fpga.prj/debug.log for details.
Error: Cosim testbench elaboration failed.

Makefile:53: recipe for target 't

I have checked the debug .log ,
Debug log output:

/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/hls/host/linux64/lib/libhls_cosim_msim32
# -dpioutoftheblue 1 -sv_lib /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/hls/host/linux64/lib/libhls_cosim_msim32
# [exec] elab
# vsim -dpioutoftheblue 1 -sv_lib /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/hls/host/linux64/lib/libhls_cosim_msim32 -L work -L work_lib -L altera_ver -L lpm_ver -L sgate_ver -L altera_mf_ver -L altera_lnsim_v
er -L twentynm_ver -L twentynm_hssi_ver -L twentynm_hip_ver -L altera -L lpm -L sgate -L altera_mf -L altera_lnsim -L twentynm -L twentynm_hssi -L twentynm_hip -L hls_sim_main_dpi_controller_10 -L main_dp
i_controller -L hls_sim_component_dpi_controller_10 -L dpic_count -L avalon_conduit_fanout_10 -L count_cfan -L count_en_cfan -L hls_sim_clock_reset_10 -L clock_reset -L avalon_concatenate_singlebit_condui
ts_10 -L cat_done -L count_internal_10 -L count -L cat_cwfsw -L avalon_split_multibit_conduit_10 -L sp_cstart -L altera_irq_mapper_2000 -L tb tb.tb
# Start time: 10:26:00 on Oct 19,2022
# ** Fatal: ** Fatal: (vsim-3827) Could not compile 'export_tramp.so': cmd = '/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/gcc   -shared -fPIC -m32 -B/usr/lib32  -g  -I. -I"/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro
/19.3/modelsim_ase/include" -I"/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/modelsim_ase/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/lsai_nikhil@server1_dpi_11933/linuxpe_gcc-9.3.0/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/lsai_nikhil@server1_dpi_119
33/linuxpe_gcc-9.3.0/export_tramp.S"'
# (vsim-50) A call to system(/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/gcc   -shared -fPIC -m32 -B/usr/lib32  -g  -I. -I"/home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/19.3/modelsim_ase/include" -I"/home/lsai_nikhil/
intelFPGA_pro/19.3/modelsim_ase/../oem/include" -o "/tmp/lsai_nikhil@server1_dpi_11933/linuxpe_gcc-9.3.0/export_tramp.so" "/tmp/lsai_nikhil@server1_dpi_11933/linuxpe_gcc-9.3.0/export_tramp.S" >'/tmp/quest
atmp.j5QHxs' 2>&1) returned error code '1'.
# The logfile contains the following messages:
# /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x8
6_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
# /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
# /home/lsai_nikhil/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/gcc/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/9.3.0/../../../../x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc_s
# collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
#
# No such file or directory. (errno = ENOENT)
#
#
# FATAL ERROR while loading design
# ** Error: Error loading design
# Executing ONERROR command at macro ./msim_compile.tcl line 15
# End time: 10:26:15 on Oct 19,2022, Elapsed time: 0:00:15

Can anyone help me to resolve the issue?

@intel 

0 Kudos
20 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

pls share your project file

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi @hareesh ,

I am attaching the project file here

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

i am trying to duplicate your issue. pls give me some time.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee
0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

any update about?

your problem has solved or not?

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi @hareesh ,

No , the problem has not solved, I think it is because of the missing 32 bit arch libraries. I was unable to find few of the libraries mentioned in getting started guide of intel HLS for my ubuntu 18.04.  

Can you suggest where I can get those libraries.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

please follow bellow attachment for installing the 32 bit libraries.

Screenshot 2022-11-07 152144.png

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

any update?

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi @hareesh ,

I was unable to install i686 arch packages , but installed i386  32 bit packages. Still the testbench elaboration failed.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

may i know your pc supporting 32 bit or 64 bit os?

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi 

My System is x86-64 bit , it supports 64 bit OS .

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

i am also facing problem with my compiler pls give me some time i will give the solution.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

in my machine it's working fine. no problem. i am trying to duplicate your issue, so i need some information about your os

1. which os are using
  2. quartus version

and once check HLS compatibility also

The Intel HLS Compiler Pro Edition Version 22.3 is compatible with the following Intel

Quartus Prime software:

• Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Version 22.3

• Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Version 22.2

• Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Version 22.1

• Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Version 17.1.1

• Intel Quartus Prime Standard Edition Version 21.1

The Intel HLS Compiler supports only Cyclone® V devices in Intel Quartus Prime

Standard Edition.

Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition Version 21.1
The Intel HLS Compiler supports only Cyclone V devices in Intel Quartus Prime Lite

Edition .

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi @hareesh ,

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 , Kernel: 4.15.0-162-generic.

Also  I am using the Quartus prime pro 22.2 version.

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-05 at 10.36.26.jpeg

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

follow the bellow document. execute in that way. and attached  counter example design file try with that.

if you are facing same problem after that please download HLS compiler and install it and try same procedure.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

did you tried what i shared steps?

please update the status of your issue

0 Kudos
nikhl
Novice

Hi,

I tried the above steps, still it shows " HLS Elaborate verification testbench FAILED. "

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

As we discoursed in call please update your simulators and same steps.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos