Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Hello i have a PCI Development Kit, Cyclone II Edition and problems with DDR2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello i have a PCI Development Kit, Cyclone II Edition and i can't compile the design that comes with it (it is from quartus version 5 and we are at 10.1 so..) 

Error (10481): VHDL Use Clause error at ddr_top_auk_ddr_sdram.vhd(22): design library "auk_ddr_lib" does not contain primary unit "auk_ddr_functions" Error (10800): VHDL error at ddr_top_auk_ddr_sdram.vhd(22): selected name in use clause is not an expanded name Error: Quartus II Analysis & Synthesis was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 8 warnings Error: Peak virtual memory: 223 megabytes Error: Processing ended: Tue Jan 18 13:50:19 2011 Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:08 Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:03 Error: Quartus II Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 4 errors, 8 warnings  

There are no reference designs comming with the KIT.. Any way i can find a new reference design that uses the DDR2 and works with the Quartus 10.0SP1?? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i think you'll need to use Quartus II 5.0 to use those designs. the IP cores weren't included in the project directory in that version, so i think the project is referencing IP files included in the 5.0 installation 

you probably should start a design from scratch in 10.1
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea on how to instantiate and use a DDR2 on the PCI kit :(

0 Kudos