Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20806 Discussions

Help with running Intel High Level Synthesis Design Example on Windows

Dayana
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to run an Intel HLS Compiler design example on Windows by following the "Running an Intel® HLS Compiler Design Example (Windows)" guide.

I tried the "counter" and "QRD" examples and was able to build the "test-x86-64" version but not the "test-fpga" version. I am using Intel Quartus Prime Pro 21.4 and my card is the Agilex IA-840F FPGA card.

The error I get when I execute "build.bat test-fpga" is:

i++ -ffp-contract=fast -ffp-reassociate -march=Arria10 MGS.cpp QRD_Testbench.cpp TestbenchHelpers.cpp -o test-fpga.exe

HLS Generate component ipxact for Platform Designer FAILED.

See c:/intelFPGA_pro/21.4/hls/examples/QRD/test-fpga.prj/debug.log for details.

Run test-fpga.exe to execute the test.

Since my card isn't the Arria10, I tried executing:

i++ -ffp-contract=fast -ffp-reassociate -march=Agilex MGS.cpp QRD_Testbench.cpp TestbenchHelpers.cpp -o test-x86-64.exe

but I get the following error:

HLS Elaborate verification testbench FAILED.

See c:/intelFPGA_pro/21.4/hls/examples/QRD/test-x86-64.prj/debug.log for details.

Error: Cosim testbench elaboration failed.

I'm not sure how I should proceed from here and am hoping that I may receive some assistance on the next steps to successfully build and execute the examples here. Thanks.

hls_QRD_01.pnghls_QRD_02.png

Regards,

Dayana

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dayana
Novice

Thanks for your help Hareesh.

Just a summary:

1. The error:
    was solved by downloading and installing the Intel Arria 10 Device Support from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/706105/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-21-4-for-windows.html under the Individual Files, Devices section.
  2. The error:
    Error: Cosim testbench elaboration failed
    &
    # ** License Issue: License request for intelqsimstarter feature failed
    # ** License Issue: Cannot checkout an uncounted license within a Windows Terminal Services guest session. (C:\flexlm\LR-118484_License.dat)
    # ** Error: Failure to obtain a Verilog simulation license. Unable to checkout 'intelqsimstarter' license.
    # ** Error: Error loading design
    was solved by running the HLS test example on the local computer instead of remotely as I am using a fixed license and a floating license is needed for remote use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for posting your issue here. please give me some time. I trying to duplicate your issue.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

sorry for the delay. I am also facing the same issue. just give me some more time to solve the problem.

Screenshot 2023-04-10 205959.png

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

actually, it's  LM_LICENSE_FILE environment variable issue. please follow the below steps to set environment variable.

in windows, START menu => view advanced system settings

system properties will pop up. in this window

Advanced => Environment Variables

Environment Variables window will pop up

in that widow, under the User variables for "user_neme" click on new.

there give LM_LICENSE_FILE in Variable name option. next, click on browse the file and select your license file.

after completing these steps open the cmd window and try to execute the example project.

i attached my complete steps screenshots and cmd terminal log file. please follow these steps and update the status of the issue.

2023-04-14_09h47_01.png2023-04-14_10h06_46.png

0 Kudos
Dayana
Novice

Hi Hareesh,

I have 2 generated licenses. It seems like one is for Quartus Prime Pro and the other one is for Quartus Prime Pro and Questa. 

LR-118484 - Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA, Intel® Quartus® Prime Software SW-ONE-QUARTUS

LR-107533 - Intel® Quartus® Prime Software SW-ONE-QUARTUS

When I tried using LR-107533.dat, I get the following result:

Dayana_0-1681708467524.png

Dayana_4-1681709208382.png

When I use LR-118484, I get the following result:

Dayana_2-1681708580265.png

Dayana_3-1681708966232.png

Is there something that I am doing wrong?

I have added the debug files for your reference.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dayana

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

it's environment variable issue only. please follow bellow steps. after that also if you facing an issue please tell me your free time. I will arrange a call to guide you.

2023-04-19_11h14_11.png

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

i didn't receive any response from you after posting the message. can you please update the status of your issue?

0 Kudos
Dayana
Novice

Thanks for your help Hareesh.

Just a summary:

1. The error:
    was solved by downloading and installing the Intel Arria 10 Device Support from https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software-kit/706105/intel-quartus-prime-pro-edition-design-software-version-21-4-for-windows.html under the Individual Files, Devices section.
  2. The error:
    Error: Cosim testbench elaboration failed
    &
    # ** License Issue: License request for intelqsimstarter feature failed
    # ** License Issue: Cannot checkout an uncounted license within a Windows Terminal Services guest session. (C:\flexlm\LR-118484_License.dat)
    # ** Error: Failure to obtain a Verilog simulation license. Unable to checkout 'intelqsimstarter' license.
    # ** Error: Error loading design
    was solved by running the HLS test example on the local computer instead of remotely as I am using a fixed license and a floating license is needed for remote use.

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos