Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

How to solve ModelSim SE10.4 Error "Library altera_mf not found" when simulating FIR II ip core?

Couriersix
Beginner

Hi, I want to simulate FIR II ip core with Quartus Prime 18.0 Standard Edition and ModelSim SE 10.4 simultaneously. But  after I started Tools->Run simulation Tools->RTL Simulation in Quartus, it failed to compile Library "altera_mf"(reported in ModelSim) and the error messages are as follows.  

Couriersix_0-1655108972624.png

Here's my configuration of Simulation Tools in Quartus:

Couriersix_1-1655109537052.png

Couriersix_2-1655109556197.pngCouriersix_3-1655109573749.png

Besides,  I have also confirmed that ModelSimSE 10.4 support Quartus 18,0. So it might not be problems with software... 

Can somebody help me figure out what's wrong with the simulation?  

The whole project files have been uploaded in attachments.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Steve, 

seem all the configs are on the right track, I cant see why if failed to map the library.

Alternatively, you refer to link below as someone faced the same issue before and solved by using script. Let me know if you are not able to follow

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Altera-mf-library-in-Modelsim-Altera-Starter-Edition-Error-vsim/td-p/243381 

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Steven,

May I know if there is any update?

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos