Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20639 Discussions

How to use Transceiver PHY 12 port

sung_chul
Beginner

Hi- Everyone
I'm designing a Transceiver PHY 12 port.
Transceiver PHY 11 port is passed!
It is composed of Transceiver PHY IP 1, Transceiver PHY PLL IP 1, Transceiver PHY Reset IP 1
So, I hav used PHY IP 11, PLL IP 11, Reset IP 11

But if I add one more port, I get an error.

That is, if I add one more Transceiver, I get an error.
fpll, ATX pll, and CMU pll, but the results are the same.
Which part of the code is wrong?

Error Message is below...

Error(14996): The Fitter failed to find a legal placement for all periphery components
Info(14987): The following components had the most difficulty being legally placed:
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u3_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (14%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u10_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (14%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u3_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[0].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (7%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u10_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[0].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (7%)
Info(175029): HSSI_DUPLEX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER ePI_tx8[0]~CLUSTER~HSSI_TX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER14~HSSI_DUPLEX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER14 (5%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u4_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (5%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u8_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (5%)
Info(175029): HSSI_DUPLEX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER ePI_tx12[0]~CLUSTER~HSSI_TX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER22~HSSI_DUPLEX_CHANNEL_CLUSTER22 (5%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u5_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (5%)
Info(175029): auto-promoted clock driver u9_A10_XCVR_native|xcvr_native_a10_0|g_xcvr_native_insts[1].twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|twentynm_xcvr_native_inst|inst_twentynm_pcs|out_pld_pcs_tx_clk_out~CLKENA0 (5%)
Error(14986): After placing as many components as possible, the following errors remain:
Error(175001): The Fitter cannot place 1 HSSI_PMA_CGB_MASTER,
which is within Transceiver ATX PLL Intel Arria 10/Cyclone 10 FPGA IP
XCVR_ATX_PLL1_altera_xcvr_atx_pll_a10_180_qyya5ty.
Info(14596): Information about the failing component(s):
Info(175028): The HSSI_PMA_CGB_MASTER name(s):
u0_XCVR_ATX_PLL|xcvr_atx_pll_a10_0|a10_xcvr_atx_pll_inst|twentynm_hssi_pma_cgb_master_inst
Error(16234): No legal location could be found out of 8 considered location(s).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you please share the project to reproduce the issue at my end. I would like to see error message.

Which PLL(ATX, fpll, CMU) you are using when project fails?

There should not be any reason which prevents you from using 12 channels unless you are using 12 channels device with ATX or fpll. Please share the device OPN as well.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos
Kshitij_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous reply that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you

Kshitij Goel

0 Kudos