Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

I don't find document defined below pin location

XQSHEN
Novice

1) I don't find document defined below pin location.  I don't see this information from pin connection guide line and adc convert ug

ADC[1..2]IN[1..16];  ADC_VREF; ANAIN[1] ; ANAIN[2]

2) what's the difference between ADC[1..2]IN[1..16] and ANAIN[1]?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Xiaoqiang

For Q1, if we refer to Table 6 of https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/pcg-01018.pdf

There is description for ADC[1..2]IN[1..16], ANAIN[1], ANAIN[2] and ADC_VREF.

For Q2, Max10 devices support up to 18 channels for analog measurement: 16 dual function channels and two dedicated analog input channels in dual ADC devices.

ANAIN[1] is the dedicated single-ended analog input pin for ADC1 while ANAIN[2] is for ADC2.

Whereas ADC[1..2]IN[1..16] are the multi-purpose pins that support single-ended analog input. When they are not used as analog input pins, these pins can be used as any other digital I/O pins.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Xiaoqiang

For Q1, if we refer to Table 6 of https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/pcg-01018.pdf

There is description for ADC[1..2]IN[1..16], ANAIN[1], ANAIN[2] and ADC_VREF.

For Q2, Max10 devices support up to 18 channels for analog measurement: 16 dual function channels and two dedicated analog input channels in dual ADC devices.

ANAIN[1] is the dedicated single-ended analog input pin for ADC1 while ANAIN[2] is for ADC2.

Whereas ADC[1..2]IN[1..16] are the multi-purpose pins that support single-ended analog input. When they are not used as analog input pins, these pins can be used as any other digital I/O pins.

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Xiaoqiang

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that have been provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos