Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

I have a 10M04SAU169C8G that I can program and run with the ByteBlaster through the JTAG Pins, but it doesn't hold the configuration when power is cycled. Any thoughts?

KLohr
Novice

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Abe
Valued Contributor II

Well, thats the behavior of FPGAs. When using JTAG configuration using SOF files, the device will loose configuration when it is power-cycled. Max10 devices have configuration Flash built into them. You have to use the Internal configuration method to store configuration data in this config_flash for the device to configure itself every time it is power-cycled.

Generate the POF file for the project and use the POF file in the Quartus Programmer. You will notice two sections CFM0 and UFM. Select CFM0 for configuration FLash and then program the Max10 device. This will now hold the configuration data even when power is cycled.

You can take a look at the following KB for more information:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sss1393988509894.html#sss1399877176958

KLohr
Novice

Thanks Abe. Yes, I had internal configuration selected, but the programmer came up with the .sof file loaded. It wasn't obvious (to me) that it wasn't the .pof.

0 Kudos