Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
21010 Discussions

I would like to know what is the programmer and debugger used for the cyclone 10 LP device .

chandrage12
Novice

HI team ,

i am new with FPGA , we are using the  cyclone 10lp device . what are tools required for debugging and programming the device for hardware point of view .

Is  the PL-USB2-BLASTER and PL-USB-BLATER 2 IS SAME AND WHAT IS INTEL download  cable for the 10lp device .

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 
Intel FPGA Download Cable II, formerly named USB-Blaster II Download Cable is a good choice, but a bit expensive with 225 $ US list price. I would also consider Terasic USB Blaster Download Cable which is only 69 $. It's fully hardware compatible with previous Altera USB Blaster Download Cable (Intel FPGA Download Cable mentioned above).

There are many USB Blaster Clones on the market, unfortunately many of them expose signal quality or software compatibility problems Cases have been reported here in the forum.

Arrow FPGA USB-Programmer2 (manufactured and distributed by Trenz Electronic ) is also working for me. It's a FT2232H based adapter that connects to Quartus JTAG server with it's own Windows or Linux driver.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

For Cyclone 10 LP device, please use the PL-USB2-BLASTER programmer with Quartus® Prime software version 14.0 or later to configure your device.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pdf

I see only these two PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN & PL-USB2-BLASTER programmer on our website- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/cables-adapters.html

PL-USB-BLASTER-RCN is old programmer which was used with the older Quartus II tool.

So my suggestion is to use PL-USB2-BLASTER and this is available.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
chandrage12
Novice

in the below attachment file i do not see support for the cyclone 10lp device , what is solution 

is it from datasheet

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

In your attached images, it shows the cyclone 10 LP device support.

Please re-check again.

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
chandrage12
Novice

hi ,

what is voltage vaule  

0 Kudos
Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

Please refer the section - 1.1, 1.2 and 2.6 for supported devices, target systems using the TTL, SSTL, LVCMOS etc, power source requirement, and operating conditions in the Intel® FPGA Download Cable II User Guide.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_usb_blstr_ii_cable.pdf

Regards

Tiwari

0 Kudos
FvM
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 
Intel FPGA Download Cable II, formerly named USB-Blaster II Download Cable is a good choice, but a bit expensive with 225 $ US list price. I would also consider Terasic USB Blaster Download Cable which is only 69 $. It's fully hardware compatible with previous Altera USB Blaster Download Cable (Intel FPGA Download Cable mentioned above).

There are many USB Blaster Clones on the market, unfortunately many of them expose signal quality or software compatibility problems Cases have been reported here in the forum.

Arrow FPGA USB-Programmer2 (manufactured and distributed by Trenz Electronic ) is also working for me. It's a FT2232H based adapter that connects to Quartus JTAG server with it's own Windows or Linux driver.

Jeet14
Employee

Hi,

I believe your inquiry has been answered. With that now, I transition this thread to community support. 

Thank you.

Best regards,

Tiwari

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos