Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Information about Intel® Arria® 10 SoC FPGA features

shreyaj
Beginner

Hello,

I am interested in Intel® Arria® 10 SoC FPGA board, but I am unclear about its specifications.
My requirements are an FPGA that has PCIe 3 with Ethernet connection with can act as root complex with SR-IOV support and DMA buffer. 
Does Intel® Arria® 10 SoC FPGA supports SR-IOV? If yes, up-to how many Physical and virtual functions does it allow?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonT_Intel

Hi Sir,

For Avalon-ST Interface with SR-IOV. Yes, it is supported in Arria 10 device including the soc variant (SX). It supports up to 8 Physical Functions (PFs) and 2048 Virtual Functions (VFs).

You may see this UG for details.- https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_sriov.pdf#page=6

0 Kudos
shreyaj
Beginner

Hello,

Provided Information is indeed useful. I had one query un-answered, Can I use this board for endpoint validation with sr-iov? My object is  to exercise trough only driver code with sr-iov and PCIe communicating over Ethernet packet and no VHDL or other code on FPGA. Will this board meet my requirements?

Thank you

Shreya

0 Kudos
BoonT_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos