Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

JAM to JBC converter

GV0001
Beginner

Hi All.

I am working to create JAM player, but, as I understood, it's much easier (and it will work much faster) to create JBC (not JAM) player in the embedded system. But I have JAM files only for programming. So, the question is: do you know the JAM to JBC converter?

Thanks in advance.

George.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
GV0001
Beginner

Thank you John.

But we need to implement the JBC player ourself in the microcontroller on our board. So, do you have the JBC player source codes? It will be very nice for us.

Thanks in advance.

George.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The source code is included as part of the JBC player.

0 Kudos
LarryC1
Beginner

Are you saying the JBC player source is part of the JAM/STAPL player?  I don't see it there - the files would start with jbi I believe.

Thanks

Larry

0 Kudos
GV0001
Beginner

Thanks, John.

I really have found the JBC source code, thanks again.

But I see that the last information about JBC is dated up to 2005..2008 years.

Does this source code work with the last version of JAM/STAPL?

Is the JBC player really faster than JAM player in embedded applications?

Do you have any comparisons?

Thanks in advance.

George.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes, it will work on latest version as this is an industrial standard.

Yes, it will be faster as it already encoded into bitstream while JAM player will still need to have it decode into bitstream before programming. I do not have any comparison for it.

0 Kudos
GV0001
Beginner

Dear John,

Thanks a lot for your support.

We produce device programmers and would like to make a universal JAM/STAPL player in our programmers. But investigating the question we understood that JBC player implementing on embedded devices will potentially work much faster than JAM player. We worked with Intel JAM to JBC converter and discovered that it doesn't support the standard STAPL conversation from Boolean data type to Integer. As a result, to have such converter we can't support JAM/STAPL language in full. The idea is to improve the JAM-to-JBC converter.

We can try to do that ourself, but need converter source codes.

So, the question is: can Intel provide us with the converter source codes to add Boolean->Integer conversation into it? If it's needed we can sign any kind of NDA.

Thanks and regards,

George.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am sorry to tell you that we do not have the source code for it as this has been implemented Quartus Programmer.

0 Kudos