Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

License problem with custom QSYS component.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I made custom QSYS component in QSYS Quartus II 16.1. 

To validate it I open project in QUARTUS II 17.1 Lite Edition. During compilation process I received the message: 

...x_ctrl/synthesis/submudules/x_ctrl_cpu_cpu.v is OpenCore Plus time-limited file. Remove the unlicenses cores or obtain license for those OpenCore Plus time-limited IP cores.  

All design is my one. How can I avoid these problems? 

Best Regards,Tgel.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just as it says, you need a license for the IP. Is that a Nios II processor? You should be able to compile and run the design on the board in OpenCore Plus mode (keep the JTAG connection active). What is the IP that the error is referring to?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

My QSYS component uses single IP which is counter IP and I haven't any problem with it.  

My design hasn't any others IP. I made it robust for any kind of FPGA from any companies. 

Why do I obtain problem with licences for my own design in Quartus 17.1 lite edition? 

Best Regards,Tgel111
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Is the file from the error message one of your own, or an Altera IP? Check that you still don't have some other IPs in your project that require a license, in the Project files list. Check also that you have included the correct Qsys system in your project, and generate the qsys module once more, in case it is still an old version that Quartus is trying to compile.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hI, 

I generated qsys component from beginning and obtained the same license error:...x_ctrl/synthesis/submudules/x_ctrl_cpu_cpu.v is OpenCore Plus time-limited file. Remove the unlicenses cores or obtain license for those OpenCore Plus time-limited IP cores.  

The file from the error message is altera's file. I used in QSYS file except my own component: clock,niosII,jtag_uart,ram,PIO-led,PIO-pb,sysid. 

In my component I used counter IP only. I didn't use any others IP include OpenCore IPs. 

Best Regards,Tgel111
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Well, Nios II is a licensed IP. Are you using the economy or fast version of the IP? Economy doesn't require a license, but fast does.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

The license problem was nios II fast version. 

Best Regards ,Tgel111
0 Kudos