Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

MAX10 RSU unconstrained clocks

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I'm getting two errors from the reconfiguration module in the MAX10 FPGA. 

I'm trying to use the dual_boot_cfg module and onchip_flash modules and am getting TimeQuest errors reporting unconstrained clocks in the modules. 

Is this something I can safely ignore or are there sdc constraints that I can apply to remove them? The errors are generated from inside the encrypted modules so I can't determine what constraints to apply. Any help if greatly appreciated. 

I'm using Quartus Prime Lite Edition V 17.0.1 Build 598. 

Build warnings: 

Warning (332060): Node: Main:main|MAX10_RSU_Sys:max10RSUSys|altera_dual_boot:dual_boot_cfg|alt_dual_boot_avmm:alt_dual_boot_avmm_comp|alt_dual_boot:alt_dual_boot|ru_clk was determined to be a clock but was found without an associated clock assignment. 

Main:main|MAX10_RSU_Sys:max10RSUSys|altera_onchip_flash:onchip_flash_0|altera_onchip_flash_avmm_data_controller:avmm_data_controller|flash_se_neg_reg
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Try setting the 'clock frequency' of both the modules , than compiling with the default values.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Here is the QSys config for the flash and dual boot module. The clock setting is already set properly to 80MHz and this is still error is still generated. 

It seems like there is a missing constraint in the generated modules. 

Am I missing something? 

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13864  

https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13865
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have SDC constraints for the base clock(s) coming into the FPGA and any other generated clocks coming from, say, PLLs outside the system? Even though you shouldn't have to constrain clocks internal to a Qsys system, you still have to constrain what's outside the system.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a 50MHz clock coming into the FPGA: CLOCK_50 

This signal routes to the internal pll input. The internal Pll generates 2 clocks, 50MHz and 80MHz. 

The flash and dual config modules run off the 80MHz clock. 

I have the following constraints in my sdc file: 

create_clock -name {CLOCK_50} -period 20.000 -waveform { 0.000 10.000 } [get_ports {CLOCK_50}] 

set_clock_uncertainty -rise_from [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] -rise_to [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] 0.020  

set_clock_uncertainty -rise_from [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] -fall_to [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] 0.020  

set_clock_uncertainty -fall_from [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] -rise_to [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] 0.020  

set_clock_uncertainty -fall_from [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] -fall_to [get_clocks {CLOCK_50}] 0.020  

derive_pll_clocks 

derive_clock_uncertainty 

Here is a screen shot of my Clock Status Summary from Quartus: 

https://alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13866&stc=1
LYona
Beginner

I have the same problem. is there solution?

0 Kudos