Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20707 Discussions

MAX10 RSU with encrypted .pof

rt52
Beginner

I have a design that relies on RSU for remote updates.  I currently encrypt the .pof file for JTAG programming.  When generating that encrypted .pof file, I also choose to generate the .rpd files that go into CFM1.  When downloading the .rpd files with the encrypted .pof and .ekp programmed via JTAG,  the RSU is unsuccessful.  I see a revert to application image 0, which my design will only go to if there is a problem with application image 1.  The encrypted .pof file does not seem to like downloading a n.rpd file.  

Is there any way to get an .rpd file to download with an encrypted .pof 

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi rt52,

My apologies I mixed up my explanation earlier, the above mentioned workaround was meant for the stratix 10 device, not Max 10. Also. MAX10, it actually has a built-in configuration memory and doesn't support JIC. What I can only suggest for now, try to check the “Enable real-time ISP” option in the programmer GUI. There's a case whereby the customer was able to perform configuration on an encrypted file (not RSU). Though, it is because when you enable this real-time ISP, it is a slow mode and normally user will not have this issue if program without speedmode (real-time ISP enabled) but the programming time is longer.

Fakhrul_0-1676519486497.png

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
rt52
Beginner

I do not see how this will help.  My issue is not programming an encrypted .pof with jtag, that works just fine without checking that box.  Is there anything else to try when downloading an encrypted .rpd file?  This device will have jtag disabled when shipped so having an update over jtag is not an option.

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi rt52,

There was a successful case whereby the encrypted configuration would succeed only by using .jbc file instead of .pof and also enabling the real-time ISP at the same time as mentioned above. But, this customer was using a jam player and it not involving RSU. You may give it a try. I hope it would work. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos
Fakhrul
Employee

Hi rt52,

I wish to follow up with you on this case. Do you still have further inquiries on this issue? Please feel free to let me know if there is any concern so that we could further assist you. Otherwise, this thread will be idling and marked as inactive, thus it will be transitioned to community support because there is no update received from you in a while. As for the workaround regarding this issue, my apologies, the above-mentioned steps are the only workaround provided by the engineering team.

Regards,

Fakhrul

0 Kudos