Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

MAX10 (Select Internal Configuration mode with ERAM )

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

In Quartus 14.0 SP1, i can compile my max10 sopc project ( Platform: BeMicro MAX 10) 

all is running fine. 

Now i switched to Quartus 14.1 

In this Version i can't compile my project. 

During compilation i get the error message: 

"16031 Current Internal Configuration mode does not support memory initialization or ROM. 

Select Internal Configuration mode with ERAM." 

In Quartus 14.0 SP1 i can turn on "Enable ERAM Preload" in the Analysis and Synthesis settings. 

But this Setting doesn't exist in Quartus 14.1 

Are there any known workarounds ?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The following worked for me: 

Assignments -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Configuration -> Configuration Mode: Single uncompressed image with Memory Initialization
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Assignments -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Configuration -> Configuration Mode: Single uncompressed image with Memory Initialization 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, thanks for your answer, 

I have followed your instructions, but I have again received an error from the fitter. 

"14740 Configuration Mode parameter on atom "ufm block" is inconsistent with Quartus II project setting. 

MAX address parameter on atom "ufm block" is inconsistent with Quartus II project setting." 

I then opened qsys, and opened "Altera On-Chip Flash" IP. 

In the Parameters tab, under Configuration Mode, 

i set the Configuration mode also to "Single Uncompressed Image with Memory Initialization ! 

After compiling QSys, i can compile and run my MAX10 project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

--- Quote End ---  

Thanks. This worked for me.
0 Kudos
yann12
Beginner

Hi, I try to configure a double port RAM on the DE10-Lite Board (10M50DCF484C7G) with a .mif file.

But the problem is when I synthesize the whole thing, I get an error : 

"16031 current internal configuration mode does not support memory initialization or rom. select internal configuration mode with eram.

But... when i go into Device->Device and Pin Options->Configuration->Configuration Mode, i only see 2 options : 

1. Single Compressed Image 

2. Single Uncompressed Image  

I do not see the option "Single uncompressed image with Memory Initialization" which would make the error above go away.

I try it on the 15.1 and 18.0 version, same issue...

Is there a solution to configure a mif file on this kind of board ?

Thanks for your help

Yann

0 Kudos
tanabeh
Novice

Hi,

(After researching issues about error 16031, I edited this post)

I'm facing the same issue.

Quartus Lite edition 21.1.1

Target device MAX10 10M50SCE144C8G

I use Nios-II processor and internal flash (without initializing), and now implemented DPRAM and LUT (ROM) with initialization file (.mif) for logics.
Questa sim is ok, but when I tried to synth. the same error 16031 was reported.

Viewing this thread, Configuration mode in "Device and Pin Options", only 2 options as the same as Yann12 wrote.
I've read other posts that MAX10 SC device will not support configuration with memory initialization.

So I understood RAM with memory initialization will not  be capable for the selected device.

Then I regenerated DPRAM without initialization, its ok.

But curious thing, implementing LUT with memory initialization setting, synthesis and fitter have passed.

Does ROM IP can be used on SC device that does not support configuration with memory initialization?

Thanks,

Hideki Dekker. T

0 Kudos