Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

MAX10 UFM Read Operation

SMS
Beginner

I am trying to read from MAX10's UFM but the device does not assert the readdatavalid signal as specified in UFM user guide. Any guess why is it so? I am sharing the relevant code below:

task data_read_top; case (read_state) FLASH_READ_IDLE : begin read_state <= FLASH_READ1; end FLASH_PRE_READ : begin if (avmm_data_waitrequest) read_state <= FLASH_PRE_READ; else read_state <= FLASH_READ1; end FLASH_READ1 : begin data_read1(00000_0101_1111_0000); read_state <= FLASH_READ2; end FLASH_READ2 : begin data_read2; read_state <= FLASH_READ3; end FLASH_READ3 : begin if (~avmm_data_readdatavalid) begin read_state <= FLASH_READ3; end else begin data_read3; data_out <= avmm_data_readdata; read_state <= FLASH_READ4; end end FLASH_READ4 : begin read_state <= FLASH_READ_IDLE; end default : read_state <= FLASH_READ_IDLE; endcase     endtask   task data_read1; input [16:0] addr; begin avmm_csr_read <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_write <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_addr <= 1'b0; avmm_data_addr <= addr; avmm_data_read <= 1'b1; avmm_data_burstcount <= 2'b01; end endtask task data_read2; begin avmm_csr_read <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_write <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_addr <= 1'b0; avmm_data_read <= 1'b0; avmm_data_addr <= 17'b0000_0000_0000_0000_0; avmm_data_burstcount <= 2'b00; end endtask   task data_read3; begin avmm_csr_read <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_write <= 1'b0; avmm_csr_addr <= 1'b0; end endtask

The task data_read_top itself is called in another case statement. What I have observed in SignalTap II is that it remains stuck at state FLASH_READ3.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SAR
Novice

Hi,

Not able to understand the state machine can you post full code?

Have you checked your logic using modelsim?

I can simulate the Flash IP, it works fine. Attached the image.

So for debugging check your logic using modelsim first.

Regards

ARSufmreadvalidsig.png

0 Kudos
SMS
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. My code is attached. Actually I tried simulating the design first but Modelsim gives these errors:

1. Instantiation of 'altera_onchip_flash_avmm_data_controller' failed. The design unit was not found.
  2. Instantiation of 'fiftyfivenm_unvm' failed. The design unit was not found.

which I am unable to resolve, so moved directly to post synthesis verification.

Another thing that I have observed is if I remove the wait condition for 'readdatavalid' signal, it gets asserted by the UFM core and data is shared on the data bus but is mismatched from the address.

Besides can you explain, that you sent a read request for data to be read from 17'h00000 and 17'h00001 but it seems that UFM read some different data.

Regards

Sarmad

0 Kudos
Shweta_sawant
New Contributor I

Please Reply,

We are facing the same error. Its on priority.

Best regards

Shweta Sawant

0 Kudos