Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Max 10 Invalid internal configuration mode for design with memory init Q16.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I started a new project in Quartus 16.0, I have a Qsys Nios II core with some peripherals attached. No matter what I do I get an error when I compile the processor with flash Error (14703): Invalid internal configuration mode for design with memory initialization 

I've have the configuration mode in device an pin options set to "Single Uncompressed Image 256Kbits UFM", And in the Qsys project, the onchip_flash is set to single uncompressed image (see png attached)http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12669&stc=1  

These settings should match up but it continues to tell me there is an error. I've even tried to compile under the 10M16SA version of the chip and different projects configuration settings, nothing seems to work.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which configuration mode is selected for your project? 

Under 'Assignments' -> 'Device', select 'Device and Pin Options'. Under the 'Configuration' tab ensure the 'Configuration mode' is set to a mode 'with Memory Initialization'. 

Cheers, 

Alex
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I found the problem, the onchip memory has an initialize memory checkbox which was causing a conflict with the flash. As soon as I uncheked the Qsys->On chip memory-> Memory Initialization-> Initialize memory content The problem went away. The bad part is the error message lead me to believe it had something to do with the on chip flash, not the memory.

0 Kudos
택홍000
Beginner

good

0 Kudos