Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

Max10 NEEK for codec design with external master audio clock?

Hi all. The Terasic Max10 NEEK comes with 24bit stereo I2S codec and audio software. Looks good.  

It looks like it might be a solution for my design, but my design needs external master audio clock, at 49.152MHz. to produce 48KHz. audio rate. 

The Max10 NEEK comes equipped with an on-board master audio clock, likely at a slightly different frequency... likely an integer multiple of 48KHz.  

using the programming tools provided with the board, will i be able to change the codec master clock from on-neek-board to external source from 'user i/o pin'?  

will i be able to change codec driver such that 49.152mhz. master audio clock produces 48khz. audio sample rate (48khz. x 1024 = 49.152mhz.) from the frequency of the max10 neek audio oscillator?  

If the answer is yes, then I am going to purchase the Max10 NEEK - it's already in the 'basket' waiting for 'check out' - but Terasic info/help is on vacation for the next two weeks. If I can find out the answers soon enough, I may be able to have the Max10 NEEK by Friday. any comments or information much appreciated. Thanks for your help. 

Cheers, 

Bob
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

UPDATE: I have a Max10 on the way. Should be here Friday. I'm guessing it won't be that hard to arrange external clock, and no problem in principle to create a new i2S system if necessary. but hopefully a I2C multiplication factor adjustment.

0 Kudos