Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

Multisim wave window does not show

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have been using the Multisim that comes with Quartus Prime. For some reason, the Wave window will not show anymore. I run my TCL script to compile, Modelsim opens, and when I hover over the task bar icon, the Wave window appears to be open. But if I select it, nothing happens. Closing/opening Wave from the View menu makes no difference. It's like the Wave window is invisible. 

Does anyone know what to do in this situation? 

https://s27.postimg.org/doomzbxfj/multisim.png (https://postimg.org/image/doomzbxfj/)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It could be that the window is outside of the screen. Select the window in the task bar and use the WindowsKey+LeftArrow or RightArrow Key to move the window back on your screen.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I didn't have a chance to try this since Multisim stopped being able to launch at all, with vsim suddenly being an unrecognized command in Windows. I had to upgrade to Windows 10 anyway, so I did that as a fresh install and installed Multisim anew, which now works fine.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On the modelsim title bar there is a menu option "Layout / Reset", this restores the basic layout of Modelsim when you are a bit lost in the woods. 

A Wave window that is on an other window gets nicely docked in the main window with this command. 

Best Regards, 

Johi.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First time i had started the vwf simulation named "majority_vote" of the book from B.Dueck 2 edition in Quartus II Web v.4.0 it worked great, even after I had changed the wires as a test followed by a second successful simulation. 

But now I never get any good simulation and the Y output fails to show any result. I only managed to run the Inputs a,b and c right as a group in a binary value count. And any next retry only results in an completely empty Wave diagram.  

What do I have to reset or save correctly to end this problem? I even tried it over and over again by starting with the majority_vote.bdf file without success.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just managed to resolve the wvf not showing any Y simulation value! 

Although I already had chosen the "Fit in window" option, I simply had to do this a second time to see the Simulation result completely. 

Something that I never expected and looks like some kind of bug in Quartus II Web v4.0 ??
0 Kudos
mohamed-akram
Beginner

view -> wave

0 Kudos
Mandril420
Beginner

Thank you Mohamed-akram! Your tip helped me!

0 Kudos