Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

NIOS II doesn't boot from QSPI in MAX 10 devkit.

GBusl
New Contributor I

I've created a project with NIOS II just to blink LED and boot from QSPI flash. Everey this is successful but It's not booting.

How come there is no error and it is not booting?

--Please help--

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, Attached is two zip files, one is the design to boot from QSPI flash on MAX 10 FPGA Dev-Kit and another is the PFL(Parallel flash programmer ) use this project sof file to program the FPGA to work as a bridge to the flash. then Choose the design pof file to program the flash then reset the board to boot from the flash successfully. This design been tested on MAX10 Dev-kit and working fine. Please let me know if you still need any support. Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, Can you please help by sharing screen shots of the required Qsys project? Does the FPGA get programmed successfully? One more thing: The QSPI isn't exposed to the JTAG, you have to download a PFL (Parallel flash loader) project to program the QSPI flash, Did you followed this procedure to program the flash? for more info please check the following : https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_pfl.pdf Regards,
0 Kudos
GBusl
New Contributor I

Hi Embedded guy,

I've created the design, compiled it successfully and transferred to pof but I cannot program it.

Can you tell me what is the correct settings to generate pof?

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, I will share with you an example of this MAX10 QSPI boot. Also I am waiting your example to check what you are doing wrong. Regards.
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi Galio, Attached is two zip files, one is the design to boot from QSPI flash on MAX 10 FPGA Dev-Kit and another is the PFL(Parallel flash programmer ) use this project sof file to program the FPGA to work as a bridge to the flash. then Choose the design pof file to program the flash then reset the board to boot from the flash successfully. This design been tested on MAX10 Dev-kit and working fine. Please let me know if you still need any support. Regards,
0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Here is the files:

0 Kudos
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Design example zip file

0 Kudos