Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

NIOS II gprof problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a problem using the profiler in Eclipse. After doing my SOPC Builder (with a timestamp, sdram controller, timer_0, nios2cpu,sysid) and compiling and transferring the .sof on the board, i followed the tutorial from the pdf "Profiling Nios II Systems Application Note 391" but the profiler won't start. 

In fact, I dont think the NiosII starts at all because I can't see the very first printf of my code in the console. The Nios II loads on the FPGA but after that, it says that program will run to the exit, but the program just never starts. 

I activated the gprof option and checked that the timerstamp is good. Also, this project was working on NIOS2 8.0 IDE, but now in NIOS 2 11.0 SBT (eclipse), the profiler won't start.... Without the profiling( on a normal "run"), everything works just fine. 

I thought maybe there was something else to change in the BSP editor, but I can't find anything on the net. 

If someone already encounter this problem, or at least if someone could point me a .pdf other than the note 391 on profiling in newer versions of the program (version 11.0), it would be very much appreciated. 

1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi poly, 

i know its been really long since you posted this , but do you remember how you were able to solve this problem?? 

Thanks