Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

NIOS II software can't load from MT25Q

伟王000
Beginner

I have a board with a Cyclone V that is using Active Serial Configuration from a Micron MT25Q(512Mbit) flash.

I have enabled MT25Q device selection for Quartus with pgm_allow_mt25q=on

Using NIOS II Flash Programmer download both SOF and ELF file, neither of them load after power-up. After running  quartus_pgm --nios2 from the command line with the --debug parameter, it returns the flash ID correct and recognize the flash as EPCS-20BA20

The only way work for me is using Convert Programming File tool, convert the SOF file to JIC file and downloaded it to the flash through Quartus Programmer. FPGA works fine after power-up.

But Convert Programming File tool can't convert ELF file.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Yes, you need to convert the sof file to Jic file and in the same convert programming tool include the Hex data which includes the the soft code that the NIOS will excute. to generate the Hex file do the following: right click your project file in Eclipse>> Make targets>>Build Then select MEM_int_generate and click build this will generate the Hex file that you can include into the convert programming tool. Please check the attachment

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee
Hi, Yes, you need to convert the sof file to Jic file and in the same convert programming tool include the Hex data which includes the the soft code that the NIOS will excute. to generate the Hex file do the following: right click your project file in Eclipse>> Make targets>>Build Then select MEM_int_generate and click build this will generate the Hex file that you can include into the convert programming tool. Please check the attachment