Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Need help to resolve Fatal (vsim-3350) when launching ADC IP simulation (MAX 10) directly from Quartus Prime Lite Edition 18.0.

SusanB
New Contributor I

I have been struggling to get Max 10 ADC IP to simulate out of Quartus. 

I have figured out work-arounds to run my own "do" script in modelsim (Altera edition that came with Quartus) but I would like to understand why it is failing to launch using "NativeLink." Here is the full error out of modelsim:

# Loading altera_mf.scfifo(behavior)

# ** Fatal: (vsim-3350) Generic "lpm_width" has not been given a value.

#  Time: 0 ps Iteration: 0 Instance: /adc_ip_top_tb/uut/my_adc/modular_adc_0/control_internal/u_control_fsm/ts_avrg_fifo/scfifo_component File: C:/intelFPGA_lite/18.0/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/src/altera_mf/altera_mf.vhd Line: 45146

# FATAL ERROR while loading design

# Error loading design

# Error: Error loading design

#    Pausing macro execution

# MACRO ./adc_ip_top_run_msim_rtl_vhdl.do PAUSED at line 25

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Susan,

Could you please refer the below link & try to perform Native link simulation using your own testbench.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_gs_msa_qii.pdf

I believe, you could have compiled the design without any error.

BTW, while opening the ModelSim need to wait for some moment...

If you have any different concern, please let me know.

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos
SusanB
New Contributor I

​Yes, the fatal error vsim-3350 occurs when I try to perform Native link simulation using my own testbench.  I don't think this is a result of not waiting long enough, since the modelsim scripts run to the error that I posted.  The error occurs in an Altera IP library - altera_mf.scfifo.  It is not something that I am using in my design.  How do I skip over a fatal error, when modelsim does not allow suppression of fatals?  Or how do I fix the fatal, e.g. assign lpm_width to a value, when that is not my code but Altera's?  I am looking for a fix for an Altera code bug, not a SusanB code bug (there are plenty of those, but I can fix them myself).

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Apologies for the late response,

Please try to check once with Test Bench Template as follows,

1. "Processing" -> "Start" -> "Start Test Bench Template Writer"
  2. Check the Test Bench file generated under project directory\simulation\modelsim\ .vt file
  3. Open the .vt file, provide input stimulus & use this module name as test bench name while creating NativeLink
  4. setup the NativeLink & try perform simulation

Have you made use of mega wizard in your design?

Could you provide the project file(Project -> Archive Project)?

Regards,

Vikas

0 Kudos