Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20834 Discussions

Need to verify authenticity of ALTERA Arria 10 10AX115H4F34I3SGES

oneSystem
Beginner

I have 95 Altera Arria 10AX115H4F34I3SGES, and I want to get documentation for them which would then make it easier to sell them. Specifically some kind of certificate or certification from manufacturer regarding the batch that I have. Also since it is an "engineering sample" I want to get specifics of what is the difference between the "ES" and regular FPGA in this particular case (errata, or other information comparing the two).

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

please provide picture of the top marking, we can check the authenticity from datecode.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Beginner

Please see attached.

Also could you please provide me with documentation or some kind of publication covering specifications of this engineering sample version vs non-engineering sample version?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Below are the document for Arria 10 GX ES.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683331/current/gx-gt-device-errata-and-design-reco.html -Arria 10 GX Errata and device design recommendation.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683332/current/device-overview.html -Arria 10 device overview

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Beginner

Thank you,

I have read through both of these documents, however, they do not provide clarification as to the difference between Engineering Sample and the same model of chip without Engineering Sample suffix.

Could you please guide me as to the process of obtaining paperwork from manufacturer regarding this specific batch of chips? I only need enough data so these chips can become useful for manufacturing or for use in repairs.

Majority were produced on 25th working week of 2015, small batch was made on 31st working week of 2015. Shipped directly from Altera to the customer, customer being a defense contractor company.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know you are from which company?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
oneSystem
Beginner

Hello,

company is Charm-Lite Inc, Product Development division.

0 Kudos