Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

OPAE-Intel FPGA Drivers

KNGanendraMurthy
Beginner

Hi all,

I am unable to install  Intel OPAE-FPGA drivers in Ubuntu 21.10 LTS.I am facing the following error

opae-intel-fpga-driver-2.0.1/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-altera.c:636:4: error: implicit declaration of function ‘i2c_new_device’; did you mean ‘i2c_acpi_new_device’? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
636 | i2c_new_device(&idev->adapter, pdata->devices + i);
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| i2c_acpi_new_device
cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:281: /home/kn/opae-intel-fpga-driver-2.0.1/drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-altera.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1879: /home/kn/opae-intel-fpga-driver-2.0.1] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-headers-5.13.0-28-generic'
make: *** [Makefile:92: all] Error 2

Can you suggest any modifications?.If so,kindly help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Hi,

May I know which device that you were choosing for the platform? Arria 10, Stratix 10 or Agilex?

Thanks

0 Kudos
KNGanendraMurthy
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Intel Arria 10 GX Programmable Acceleration Card FPGA

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

Is that possible to upgrade to the Stratix 10? we have start to discontinued A10 PAC.

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel
0 Kudos
KNGanendraMurthy
Beginner

Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 21.10 LTS image by booting it on an SD card on RISC-V Unmatched Board.The kernel version of the OS is 5.13.0-1004-generic.Can you kindly suggest how to install OPAE drivers on board?.If so,kindly help

Thanks& Regards

KN Ganendra Murthy

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos