Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20893 Discussions

OpenCL starter guide for Intel Cyclong10 GX FPGA development kit

Ran-GUO
Novice

We are beginners with the Intel Cyclone 10 GX FPGA development kit, aiming to implement an OpenCL project on this board. Our plan involves connecting the board to a PC running Ubuntu 20.04, with the PC acting as the host and the board as the device. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find any examples online, and we can't find the BSP and OpenCL driver for the Cyclone 10 GX. Is there a tutorial or getting started guide available, preferably with an example? Thanks for your help.

P.S. The preferred software version is 18.0 pro.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ran-GUO,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.

As Intel OpenCL has been deprecated, hence we would try our best to support on the mention issues.

Unfortunately there is no example design for the Cyclone10 devices.

However a few other sample design can be found in the following quick start git repo, as well as the BSP for those design and some instruction:

- https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/OpenCL_Program_PAC_Quickstart

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-guidance/opencl-bsp-support.html

Hope that clarify

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ran-GUO,

Greetings, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.

Hope your doubts have been clarified.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
Ran-GUO
Novice

Hi @BoonBengT_Intel ,

Thank you for your assistance. I am currently working on creating the BSP and updating the driver. I look forward to continuing this discussion on the forum and may have some additional questions as I proceed.

Thanks again for your help.

Best Wishes,

Ran

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @Ran-GUO,

Great! Good to know that your doubts has been clarify, with no further clarification on this thread, it will be transitioned to community support for further help on doubts in this thread. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support.

Thank you for the questions and as always pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes

BB

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
Ran-GUO
Novice

Hello @BoonBengT_Intel ,

I created a BSP, compiled and generated an .aocx file, I am looking for information on how to implement it. I don't have the driver to run it. How do I get or create a driver, or is there another way to run it? Thanks.

(The Host PC running Ubuntu 20.04)

Best wishes,

Ran

0 Kudos