Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

PDN Tool : what exactly is core clock frequency

PCrou1
Beginner

Hello,

I am currently designing a board with an Arria 10 and I used the relevant PDB tool v19.0.

I am wondering what the clock core frequency refers to. Is it the frequency of the design or the frequency for the core in case of a SOC ? And in this case, what should be the value if there is no SOC in the FPGA ?

This parameter seems to have a huge impact on the count of decoupling capacitor so it's important it should be set properly. 

Until now, I have set to Medium.

I've read the Device-Specific Power Delivery Network (PDN) Tool 2.0 User Guide. It does explain what this frequency is used for but not what it is and where this information can be found.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascale Crouzillat

Sorry for delayed response due to long holiday. Is it possible for you to include the excel xls that you are using?

Thanks.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos
EngWei_O_Intel
Employee

Hi Pascale Crouzillat

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question that we have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Eng Wei

0 Kudos