Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19193 Discussions

PLL not fully compensated because it is fed by a non-dedicated input

fogl
Novice

Hello everybody,

I am having problem with error messages about the PLL:

Warning (15062): PLL in Source Synchronous mode with compensated output clock set to clk[0] is not fully compensated because it does not feed an I/O input register

Warning (15055): PLL input clock inclk[0] is not fully compensated and may have reduced jitter performance because it is fed by a non-dedicated input

This is a Max10 10M02SCU169 device with LVDS clock connected to E13/F13 pins (this are the clk3p/clk3n pins which are GCLK capable). I am not sure why am i getting this error. I checked the Technology Map View of my design (see image attached) and i notice Quartus inserted a CLKCTRL block in the clock line. I assume this is the problem for the warnings, but i am not sure why is this block there. In my code, the PLL is fed directly from LVDS input.

I notice there was a similar thread about this ( https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049seAy/pll-is-not-fully-compensated?language=en_US ), but i was not able to find the cause of the problem.

Does anybody have an idea what is the problem.

Regards

Klemen

0 Kudos
1 Reply
fogl
Novice

Let me answer to myself. The problem is that the this device has only one PLL, not two as i assumed from the M10 Overview - Table4. The PLL1 has to be connected to ckj0/clk1 input to be fully compensated, but in my case it is connected to clk3.

Regards