Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

Problem with Altera DE2-115 board, unable to boot or load new programming

KRasm4
Beginner

Hello,

I have som problems with my new DE2-115 board, that I hope you can assist me with.

The board is less than a week old, and was working earlier today. After lunch, we made some new connections to the board, and upon booting were not met with the usual demo program with flashing LED's and text on the 16x2 LED display. Instead, the display shows black squares in the top row. After having the board on for ~1 minute, the device becomes very warm to the touch underneath regulators REG4-REG7.

When connecting the USB Blaster and trying to transfer a new programming file from Quartus, a message "Failed" shows up. When trying to scan for a new device, the error "Can't scan JTAG chain" (Error code 87) shows up. During the JTAG scan, the yellow LED next to the blue power LED lights up. When turning on, the 2 rows of 6 green LED's next to the Ethernet ports light up briefly. The red and green LED's above the switches and keys light up very faintly. Please see these images.

Do you have any idea what might be the cause of this problem, and what we may do to amend it?

Thank you in advance,

Kasper Rasmussen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I can see that you are trying to debug Terasic DE2-115 board issue.

This is a valid question but unfortunately you post it on the wrong forum as this Intel FPGA forum is designed to handle enquiry related to dev kit board developed by Intel only.

You can check with Terasic on consultation with their board issue via Terasic technical support email : support@terasic.com

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

I hope my explanation on Terasic support is clear to you.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos