Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Problem with Dongle working with Quartus 18.1

GRose12
Beginner

Hello,

I have been using my USB dongle for 18 years across many different computers. I just purchased a DELL  Inspiron 15 3000 and the USB dongle isn't being recognized either in Device Manager or in Quartus 18.1. I am using the same driver that comes with Quartus 18.1 that I use on my other 2 DELL laptops that have no issue recognizing the dongle.

In Device Manager sthe is an exclamation warning for the SafeNet USB SuperPro/UltraPro that it is not working correctly. When I go to Driver in Device Manager the date of the driver is 12/10/2012 and the version is 7.5.8.0 which is the same that I see on my other working laptops.

The General screen in Device Manager for the SafeNet USB is showing an error that Windows10 is reporting.

The laptop is running Windows10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 with an i7-1165G7 processor.

I appreciate any help in getting this computer working with Quartus.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. There should be 3 USB ports for Dell Inspiron 15 3000, have you tried all of them?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
GRose12
Beginner

i'm sorry that I didn't reply but I am new to the INTEL support system. I'm an OLD Altera user and I was used to the old system. 

Yes, I have tried all 3 USB ports with no success. I still see the warning against the SafePort in the USB section of Device Manager.

Glenn

0 Kudos