duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Hi,

Configuration is : 

Windows 10

Max V CPLD Development Kit (low cost)

Type A-B USB cable

Quartus Prime Programmer Lite Edition

Sometimes but rarely I can upload my design (verilog) into the device (5M570ZF256) .

But more frequently I cannot and get the error message as show into the attached pdf file (screenshot)

Could you help me ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Today, I have received a new board from my retailer.

It seems to work well.

So, this confirm it was a failure on the card, probably a bad contact at the level of USB plug.

As the retailer ask me not to return the board but to discard it, I will try to redo some welds

Thanks for your help.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know if you are using the correct file to programmed into the Max V device? Could you provide me the full Quartus Programmer screenshot?

0 Kudos
duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Hi,

attached is a PDF file with two screenshot

0 Kudos
duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Sometimes it works. Here is a screenshot when it works

duodiscus92_0-1641778032560.png

But generally it don't work. Maybe is it a bad contact at the level of the USB connector on the board ...

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

When you mention sometimes it is working and sometime it is not working, is it using the same file? This might happen if there is some Signal Integrity issue happening on the JTAG interface

0 Kudos
duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Yes, it is with the same file.

When it is working, then it important not to touch anything (no power down,  no cable unplug), so I have a kind of "working session" and then I can upload my various designs (.pof files) without problem.

Conversely, when its not working good, then I am unable to upload the same files. It seems more and more obvious that it is a hardware failure at the USB level ...

I contacted my retailer (RS-Components, France) for a exchange of the development kit ... waiting for his reply ...

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I think this might be possible issue. I hope that you are able to resolved the issue with the replacement board.

0 Kudos
duodiscus92
New Contributor I

Today, I have received a new board from my retailer.

It seems to work well.

So, this confirm it was a failure on the card, probably a bad contact at the level of USB plug.

As the retailer ask me not to return the board but to discard it, I will try to redo some welds

Thanks for your help.

Regards

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Sure. Glad to hear that issue with the new board

0 Kudos