Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Programming pof-file ignores attached isp-file

DMeck
Novice

Hello,

I try to programm the flash of a MAX10SAU324 on a customer board. In the Programmer GUI I attached and activated a isp-file to set all used I/O pins to tri-state mode. But the isp-file seems to be ignored as long as all I/O pins are defined as tri-state and the pins seem to be pulled down during programming. If I change at least one pin to an other mode than tri-state it works fine.

Additionaly I tried to safe the pof file in the programmer GUI and tired to include the isp-file information to the pof-file by activating the checkbox. But the pof-file remains unchanged. This also seems to be buggy.

I hope anyone can confirm these bugs or help me if I did something wrong.

Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Dennis,

In Quartus setting, did you set the "Reserve all unused pins" option to "As input tri-stated with weak pull-up"

Assignment -> Device -> Device and Pin Options -> Unused Pins -> Reserve all unused pins

Thanks.😉

0 Kudos
DMeck
Novice

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I did set the "Reserve all unused pins" option to "As input tri-stated with weak pull up". I also tried to change this option to "As input tri-state" but there was no difference in behavior.

I also do not think that there are any problems with unused pins. The problem is, that all used pins are driven low during programming even though I defined them to be tri-state in the isp-file.

I can see that the isp-file is beeing ignored because the progress bar runs only once.

If I change only one pin in the isp-file to any other state than tri-state everything works fine, the progress bar runs twice (because of the two files, isp and pof) and all pins are tri-state during programming expect the changed one.

Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions?

Regards

Dennis

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi DMeck,

May I know the status of this issue?

Have you able to solve it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DMeck
Novice

Hi,

in the isp-file I changed an unused pin into an other state than "tri-state". So the isp-file is not getting ignored.

My circuit works with this solution, but this is obviously not a professional solution.

The isp-file still gets ignored if I set all pins to "tri-state".

If the isp-file gets ignored all I/O pins are still driven low during programming of flash memory.

I am still looking for a solution to this problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi DMeck,

There is some issue with Quartus update version with ISP of MAX 10 device

You might try this workaround:

workaround.JPG

Thanks.😉

0 Kudos