Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20794 Discussions

Quartus 2 13.0sp1 Hardware debugging issue

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have started using the DE0 board, normally i write my code in C then debug it as hardware on the DE0 for certain Universitie projects, the issue that I'm facing is that on one of my PCs the debugger runs but it does not upload the programme to the board or retrieve the value of variables once the debugger is paused, when the debugger is paused this [No source available for ""] appears , I don't seem to have this issue with my other PC , no error message appears on the screen either, i have tried re-installing the software several times, i have also re-installed windows and made sure all drivers are up to date. 

the driver for the DE0 board is installed manually from the programmes directory as on my other PC which doesn't give an issue, I'm really struggling to solve the issue and it seems like no one has faced it before, would any one make a suggestion of what i can do, i would be realy greatful. 

many thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Are you still having problems with this...? 

Can I assume you've installed Quartus and Nios EDS onto the new machine or... 

--- Quote Start ---  

the driver for the DE0 board is installed manually from the programmes directory... 

--- Quote End ---  

Have you simply copied all the files from that folder between machines? If so, what is setting up your environment variables? 

Happy New Year, 

Alex
0 Kudos