Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AGofs
Novice

Quartus II- ALTPLL and ALTPLLCONFIG megafunctions

I've generated ALTPLL and ALTPLLRECONFIG function using QuartusII,REV10.1. I'm testing them with Altera ModelSim 6.6C. ALTPLLRECONFIG is getting 50MHz (D.C=50%), ALTPLL outputs consist of C0 and C1(50MHz each). Now I'm trying to reconfigure C0,C1 outputs by changes at data_in, counter_param,Counter_type and write_param incoming signals.

Unfortunately, It doesn't work properly. I'm attaching all relevant files to this message.Where is the problem?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

AGofs
Novice

I've seen this example before I created my own design. The issue is another: 1). I'm changing C0 parameters by writing DATA_IN value into Counter_param( High_Counter and Low_Counter ) of C0 on the rising edge of write_param. 2). Then I'm changing C0 parameters by writing DATA_IN value into Counter_param( High_Counter and Low_Counter ) of C1 on the rising edge of write_param. 3). Then I'm making reconfiguration by rising RECONFIG for 1 clock period. All these actions I'm executing in the Test Bench. Then I'm making a simulation for some period of time and the problem begins: The parameters of C0,C1(High/Low counters) are different from the ones I wrote. Sometimes C1/High counter is different, sometimes something else is different, sometimes one of the counters is bypassed. What is a right order of the writing DATA_IN into counter_param?
AGofs
Novice

Hi people,

Do you have something new about this issue?

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Can you please send me a sample design to test from myside
AGofs
Novice

I've attached the sample project at start of this page. You can download it.

AGofs
Novice

How can I attache the project once again?

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

same as like old one, before that please try the example design

AGofs
Novice

Hi everybody,

the attached example was built for STRATIX,not for Cycloneiii (as my attached example).

The questions are still burning:

1).Can I simulate ALTPLL and ALTPLLRECONFIG mega-functions at  Altera ModelSim 6.6C?

2). If yes,what is wrong with my TB or with my project?

3).What is a right order of writing for High_Counter,Low_counter, Odd/even, bypass etc?

AGofs
Novice

Good morning ,

Do you have something new about this issue?

Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

I am kindly requesting to open a new thread for this case