cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Quartus II Simulator Output driving Simulator Input

All, Quick question:  

Quartus 9.0 Simulator: (the simple simulator that I can physically see and edit the waveform on the screen, and then rerun it and see how it effects the output) 

Can I have the output of one simulator file drive the input of another simulator file? 

There is the Simulation Input that can have multiple files (*.vwf), but that doesn't seem to do anything that I have noticed. Is there documentation stating what the Multiple Files input does for the Simulation? 

I want to simulate the output of PLD-1 driving the inputs to PLD-2. I have PLD-1 done and complete, now I want its output to be the inputs of PLD-2. 

Any ideas? 

Keith
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Hi Keith, 

--- Quote Start ---  

Can I have the output of one simulator file drive the input of another simulator file? 

There is the Simulation Input that can have multiple files (*.vwf), but that doesn't seem to do anything that I have noticed. Is there documentation stating what the Multiple Files input does for the Simulation? 

--- Quote End ---  

We can't use .vwf file to other simulator. 

we can't use the out of one design from .vwf to give input another design.But you can manually create waveform required in vwf.  

We can have multiple vector waveform table with different stimulus.To see the difference.  

--- Quote Start ---  

I want to simulate the output of PLD-1 driving the inputs to PLD-2. I have PLD-1 done and complete, now I want its output to be the inputs of PLD-2. 

--- Quote End ---  

Why can't have a top file to integrate PLD-1 and PLD-2 and use vwf. 

or 

Create test-bench and use modelsim. 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)