Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

S25FL256L QSPI flash not auto detecting in programmer jtag chain via SFL image.

SnehalB
Beginner

Hi, 

We are using intel cyclone v E custom board, and have MSEL[4:0] set as 10010. on board we have Infineon S25FL256L flash connected to fpga for configuration.

we want to write fpga image into this QSPI flash via jtag, for this we have loaded fpga with image having serial flash loader (SFL) ip. 

After flashing with SFL image in fpga we try to auto detect S25FL256L QSPI flash on quartus programmer via jtag mode. but programmer not able to detect QSPI flash on jtag chain only detecting FPGA (5CEBA9). 

in other way we try to use .jic image file of application image with target device set to S25FL256 in active serial mode and try to flash QSPI from programmer but we get error as silicon id not detected from device 1 on quartus.

alternatively, we tried to flash .jic file by manual attaching flash device to programmer , but here also we git error as silicon id not detected from device 1 on quartus.

so request you to kindly suggest what we are missing to able to detect S25FL256L QSPI flash on jtag chain via SFL.

kindly suggest the solution.

thanks & regards,

Snehal B.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

thanks for posting here. i am working on this issue. please give me some

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

because of some technical issues not able to access cases. sorry for delaying. i will try give solution by EOD.

0 Kudos
SnehalB
Beginner

hi ,

shared video doesnt cover JTAG-QSPI flash using SFL and programmer

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

Hi,

i am sharing QSPI flashing process of cyclone V. please try that

0 Kudos
hareesh
Employee

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided. Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

0 Kudos