Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

SFL image

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi all, 

i found that serial flash loader allows epcsx to be configured through jtag, i would like to know how to instantiate the sfl image to the user design using sfl megafunction
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Simply include the SFL instance to your top level design.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

but how to control the ASMI access granted and ASMI access request signals of the mega function

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't them, unless you don't have other connections of your design to the AS memory. A typical instantiation looks like this: 

sfl_inst : sfl PORT MAP ( noe_in => '0' );
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

how should be the ASinterface connections and nCONFIG connection to fpga while configuring EPCSx via SFL image

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It's all in the device manuals, e.g. figure 10–30. programming serial configuration devices in-system using the jtag interface for Cyclone III.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have ASMI connections to EPCS.Int his case,how do I connect(instantiate) SFL? 

sfl_inst : SFL PORT MAP ( 

asdo_in =>  

asmi_access_granted =>  

dclk_in =>  

ncso_in =>  

noe_in =>  

asmi_access_request =>  

data0_out =>  

);
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have ASMI block in my design.In this case,how do I connect other pins? 

Isee following errors when I disable Share ASMI interface option. 

Error: Pins ALTERA_DCLK both have the SPI-related DCLK Pin assignment, but only one pin can have this assignment 

Error: Pins ALTERA_SCE both have the SPI-related SCE Pin assignment, but only one pin can have this assignment 

Error: Pins ALTERA_SDO both have the SPI-related SDO Pin assignment, but only one pin can have this assignment 

Error: Pins ALTERA_DATA0 and ALTERA_DATA0 both have the SPI-related Data[0] Pin assignment, but only one pin can have this assignment
0 Kudos