Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

STRATIX I AND EPC16

ddelafuente
Beginner

Hi,

I am working on a board with STRATIX I device and a EPC16 as flash memory. I develop the FW in Quartus 13.1 because it is the lastest version supporting STRATIX I but i can not generate .POF for EPC16 as Quartus 13.1 does not support EPC16. To generate EPC16 .pof file i use Quartus 6.1 and the .sof file generated in Q13.1.

All works perfectly, but i wanted to know if there is any problem in generate EPC16 .pof files with Q6.1 and the .sof file that was generated in Quartus 13.1.

Thanks a lot.

Dani

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

.sof file generated in Q13.1 cannot be used in previous version. You will get error message when trying to put the .sof file in the programmer.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
ddelafuente
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you Aiman for your answer.

I will try to clarify my question.

I need to convert .sof Q13.1 (stratix I) file into .pof Q6.1 file for EPC16 using convert programming files from Q6.1

Is there any issue i need to take into account to perform this convertion?

I usually do this convertion and i use .pof file (from Q6.1) into the EPC16 and works ok, but i need to know if under some condition this convertion could fail.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos