Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20750 Discussions

Signal Tap Start-up failure

Yt_aem
Novice

Hi,

I am using Quartus Prime Pro 19.1 and device is Cyclone 10GX150. 

Using SFL to program the device is successful over the JTAG (See attached SFL.png). But, when opening the Signal Tap, it keeps saying, "Program the device to continue" (See attached Signal_tap.png). I have checked all parts related to JTAG and they are all correctly installed, consistent with the schematic attached. 

Is there anyone who can help? I am in tight timing of a project.

Very very appreciate for your helps. 

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Yt_aem
Novice

Hi Richard,

I have fixed the problem by reinstalling the USB Blaster driver of rev.20.4 (rev.19.1 was failed with " file corrupted" info). Partially reason, I guess, might be that I did not have administrator level authority for the machine. The system just blocks it. But, I still don't know why it was working at the beginning when I installed the Quartus two years ago and later it became failure. Perhaps it was intervened by some security software installation since then. What I did today was just wiped out the driver totally and reinstall it with the admin authority. It works now. Weird, isn't it? 

Anyway, very appreciate your helps!

Yaoting Yang

AEM America, Inc.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I am happy to hear that it works now!

This is my first time seeing this kind of behavior and I will take note on this. In case there is another similar issue in future.

Since the issue has been resolved, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel Support are helpful, please feel free to give best answer or rate 4/5 survey.

0 Kudos
Yt_aem
Novice
0 Kudos