Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Software header files for non sopc_builder component ip

iDirect_Martin

Are header files available for intel ip like jesd204c or e-tile registers?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SyafieqS

Martin,

The reference I pointed was for generate .header for component that associated with platform designer. Otherwise, you have to manually created it. Let me know any concern on this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Martin,

Assuming I understand the question, If you are using nios processor and jesd204c in platform designer for hardware design, Quartus will automatically generated the header file of the whole system including the ip jesd204c itself

0 Kudos
iDirect_Martin

What I mean is a header file that lists register and bit field information similar to altera_avalon_pio_regs.h.

I have the jesd204c ip instantiated and connected to the HPS in Agilex. I do not connect this to Nios.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Martin,

Understood, I am not SOC expert, let me check this internally and get back to you with findings.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Martin,

You may refer to below document related to Generating Header Files for Host Components

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683609/21-3/generating-header-files-for-host-components.html

0 Kudos
iDirect_Martin

This appears to be used to generate a system-level header file like system.h for Nios-based designs. It does not provide the definitions of every register and bit field in a device. Plus our design is not entirely created in Platform Designer.

I guess we'll have to manually create those files.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Martin,

The reference I pointed was for generate .header for component that associated with platform designer. Otherwise, you have to manually created it. Let me know any concern on this.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

p/s: If any answer from community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to mark as solution and give Kudos.

0 Kudos