Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20803 Discussions

Stock Availability or Replacement Part EPM7160STI100-10

_W567_
Beginner

Inquiring if still supply stock for an obsolete part Altera Max 7000, PN: EPM7160STI100-10? Reference attached datasheet. 

If part stock is not available, can Intel recommend a drop in replacement?
Looking for upwards of quantity 4500.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
_W567_
Beginner

Ah, thank you for supplying the PDN1619 & PDN1709 documents, however, as stated in original inquiry status of obsolescence was already known.
Redesign is not an option at this point, but appreciate the recommendation for potential part family's to look at. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

You are about 6 years too late. That EPM7xxxS part/family went EOL back in 2017, last order 6/17, last ship 12/17.

See attached PDN 1619.

There is no exact drop in replacement. It is a 5V part, Altera/Intel does not produce any equivalent any more.

The EPM3nnnA series was a 3.3V follow on with similar functionality and pinouts, but it was last order 2/18, last ship 9/18.

See attached PDN 1709.

You could do a redesign with a more modern equivalent (like a MAX5 or MAX10 series part) but it will be a 3.3V solution
and a redesign. There is no direct drop in solution.

0 Kudos
_W567_
Beginner

Ah, thank you for supplying the PDN1619 & PDN1709 documents, however, as stated in original inquiry status of obsolescence was already known.
Redesign is not an option at this point, but appreciate the recommendation for potential part family's to look at. 

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

You might investigate the Microchip/Atmel ATF150n series parts.
They are in production and are functional equivalents to the Intel/Altera EPM7000S and EPM3000A series parts.
There are translation tools to convert .pof image files to .jed image files for the device.
I have personally done this for EPM7064S to ATF1504AS, and EPM7128S to ATF1508S, both in PLCC packages.
I don't believe there is an equivalent part to the EPM7160S, however, so there is not an exact drop in solution.

As I said earlier Intel does not currently have ANY equivalent to the 5V EPM7nnnS series parts. They are out of production.

Rochester Electronics does stock a lot of obsolete parts, including Altera CPLDs.
See:  https://www.rocelec.com/search?q=EPM7

However they have little stock in the EPM7160S variation.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, for now I will set this case to Close-Pending. 

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos