Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeB
Beginner

Stratix 10 Native PHY rx_is_lockedtoref

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am using a Stratix SX280LN3 device. To setup a 10G Ethernet link via SFP+ fiber optic link, I am using the Native PHY IP block.

Once the reset sequence has been correctly applied at power up, is it normal that rx_islockedtoref toggles between true and false, while rx_islockedtodata is always true? What causes rx_islockedtoref to toggle back to false, especially if the rx path remains locked on the data? Would that be a cause for concern, and should that trigger a reset of the PHY?

Many thanks for the help,

BeB

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the behavior of the rx_is_lockedtoref signal of the Native PHY. Yes, your understanding is correct. When the rx_is_lockedtodata signal stays at high, it indicates that the CDR has successfully lock-to-data. During this, the rx_is_lockedtoref signal can be ignored (It may toggle, stay low or stay high). 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the behavior of the rx_is_lockedtoref signal of the Native PHY. Yes, your understanding is correct. When the rx_is_lockedtodata signal stays at high, it indicates that the CDR has successfully lock-to-data. During this, the rx_is_lockedtoref signal can be ignored (It may toggle, stay low or stay high). 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

BeB
Beginner

Thank you for your feedback!

BeB

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.