Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20702 Discussions

Stratix 10 Native PHY rx_is_lockedtoref

BeB
Beginner

Hello,

I am using a Stratix SX280LN3 device. To setup a 10G Ethernet link via SFP+ fiber optic link, I am using the Native PHY IP block.

Once the reset sequence has been correctly applied at power up, is it normal that rx_islockedtoref toggles between true and false, while rx_islockedtodata is always true? What causes rx_islockedtoref to toggle back to false, especially if the rx path remains locked on the data? Would that be a cause for concern, and should that trigger a reset of the PHY?

Many thanks for the help,

BeB

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the behavior of the rx_is_lockedtoref signal of the Native PHY. Yes, your understanding is correct. When the rx_is_lockedtodata signal stays at high, it indicates that the CDR has successfully lock-to-data. During this, the rx_is_lockedtoref signal can be ignored (It may toggle, stay low or stay high). 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the behavior of the rx_is_lockedtoref signal of the Native PHY. Yes, your understanding is correct. When the rx_is_lockedtodata signal stays at high, it indicates that the CDR has successfully lock-to-data. During this, the rx_is_lockedtoref signal can be ignored (It may toggle, stay low or stay high). 

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

0 Kudos
BeB
Beginner
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe the initial inquiry has been addressed. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos