Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
18951 Discussions

Stratix 10 crashing with declared ASD regions

AGlad5
Beginner

I am making several designs on the stratix 10 (1sg280LU2F50E2vg).  I have found that if I declare more than 4 partitions as ASD regions than it will crash with an unexpected error during the assembler.  As long as I have declared 4 or less regions it generates fine.  I have tried this on several different designs and they all behave the same.  4 regions is below documentation specs in the SEU mitigation guide am I somehow messing up the declarations or missing a setting somewhere?  

AGlad5_0-1594056461473.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May i know how do you declare the ASD region? Have you included .smh file? Also, can you try 1,2,4,8 instead?

Thank You

AGlad5
Beginner

I am opening the design partition window (as you can see in the screen shot) and then declaring the ASD region by putting in an assigned number in the ASD region column.  I tried it with 2,4,8 and it didn't work.  I retried with 1,2,4,8 and it didnt work.  In documentation 1 is supposed to be labeled as a general sensitive bit and not a specific ASD region so I was expecting that result.  I'll attach a smh file that has regions 2,3,4 declared.  It works exactly how its supposed to.  I am able to use it to do targeted fault injection and view the sensitivity map in the Quartus_fid gui.  I can't attach a smh file of one with more regions declared since they never generate. 

failure_2_4_8.png

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

I not sure why. I am not able to duplicate the problem here. Can you share me your design file? QAR file. Perhaps you could private message me the design.