Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Stratix 10 crashing with declared ASD regions

AGlad5
Beginner

I am making several designs on the stratix 10 (1sg280LU2F50E2vg).  I have found that if I declare more than 4 partitions as ASD regions than it will crash with an unexpected error during the assembler.  As long as I have declared 4 or less regions it generates fine.  I have tried this on several different designs and they all behave the same.  4 regions is below documentation specs in the SEU mitigation guide am I somehow messing up the declarations or missing a setting somewhere?  

AGlad5_0-1594056461473.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May i know how do you declare the ASD region? Have you included .smh file? Also, can you try 1,2,4,8 instead?

Thank You

0 Kudos
AGlad5
Beginner

I am opening the design partition window (as you can see in the screen shot) and then declaring the ASD region by putting in an assigned number in the ASD region column.  I tried it with 2,4,8 and it didn't work.  I retried with 1,2,4,8 and it didnt work.  In documentation 1 is supposed to be labeled as a general sensitive bit and not a specific ASD region so I was expecting that result.  I'll attach a smh file that has regions 2,3,4 declared.  It works exactly how its supposed to.  I am able to use it to do targeted fault injection and view the sensitivity map in the Quartus_fid gui.  I can't attach a smh file of one with more regions declared since they never generate. 

failure_2_4_8.png

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

I not sure why. I am not able to duplicate the problem here. Can you share me your design file? QAR file. Perhaps you could private message me the design.

0 Kudos