Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

TCL console path initialization

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to run commands in the Quartus 16.0 Tcl console window. Commands like quartus_map result in that the command name is invalid.  

I am running on Windows and have edited the PATH variable to include C:\altera\16.0\quartus\bin64 which is where the executables are located on my machine. I am able to run the commands from the nios shell but from the Quartus GUI tcl console I get the above error. So I am unsure how to setup whatever initialization is done when Quartus is launched so that it can find these commands or pickup the Windows PATH environment variable 

Thanks, 

Dave
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave, 

"quartus_map" you can use in the command line. (Altera Nios2 Command Shell) 

In the Quartus TCL console the "execute_flow -compile" will do a full compilation. 

You can look at the documentation (Quartus II Handbook, TCL-Scripting) or enter in the command line: 

"quartus_sh --qhelp" for detailed informations. 

Jens
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Dave, 

--- Quote Start ---  

I am able to run the commands from the nios shell but from the Quartus GUI tcl console I get the above error.  

--- Quote End ---  

Refer the “quartus_map” from page number 2-45, 

We can runs one of the command-line executables, such as quartus_map or quartus_fit. If the -args option is specified, the arguments are passed to the command-line executable. 

Refer the “execute_module” from page number 3-103, 

Check example on page number 3-270. 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/manual/tclscriptrefmnl.pdf 

Best Regards 

Vikas Jathar  

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos