Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Transceiver scripting API can't open service

altera33
Beginner

Hello,

To the customer service, important note : "pls read this message and try to understand the problem."

Wiki contains a standard example design "cv_GX_1ch_40b_3125mbps" that can be used to test the Transceiver Toolkit. The Toolkit GUI works as awaited: can open the link and make the tests (see blue marked results):

transceiver.JPG

So far so good ....

An example contains also a TCL-script (link_test.tcl) for the scripting API based testing. But this script fails to open the data_pattern_generator service (see red market error message). The open_service doesn't report any errors but any access to the settings of the data_pattern_generator FAILS.

% open_service data_pattern_generator "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver"   % data_pattern_generator_is_generating "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver" error: data_pattern_generator_is_generating: /devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver is not an open data_pattern_generator service while executing "data_pattern_generator_is_generating "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master..."

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, As I understand it, there is currently an IPS case 440018 on this which I believe is filed by your team. Not sure if you have had visibility to the IPS case. There have been discussion on-going in the IPS case. It would be great if you could refer to it. Please feel free to let me know if this is a different inquiry from the IPS case. Thank you.
0 Kudos
altera33
Beginner

Hi,

yes, i asked my colleagues to open a support case. Can you add me to this case and make the diccussion visible for me? Otherwise, my colleagues need to forward every your message to me.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, Based on my understanding, I am unable to add you to the case due to privacy purpose. If I understand it correctly, only the filer of the IPS case can add others into the visibility. You may try to ask your colleagues to see if he/she is able to add you in? Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee
Hi, I will set this case to close and we will follow up using IPS case. Thank you.
0 Kudos