cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altera33
Beginner

Transceiver scripting API can't open service

Hello,

To the customer service, important note : "pls read this message and try to understand the problem."

Wiki contains a standard example design "cv_GX_1ch_40b_3125mbps" that can be used to test the Transceiver Toolkit. The Toolkit GUI works as awaited: can open the link and make the tests (see blue marked results):

transceiver.JPG

So far so good ....

An example contains also a TCL-script (link_test.tcl) for the scripting API based testing. But this script fails to open the data_pattern_generator service (see red market error message). The open_service doesn't report any errors but any access to the settings of the data_pattern_generator FAILS.

% open_service data_pattern_generator "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver"   % data_pattern_generator_is_generating "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver" error: data_pattern_generator_is_generating: /devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master/data_pattern_generator_0.csr_slave/driver is not an open data_pattern_generator service while executing "data_pattern_generator_is_generating "/devices/5CSEBA6(.|ES)|5CSEMA6|..@1#USB-1#TDSUB2/(link)/JTAG/alt_sld_fab_sldfabric.node_0/phy_0/master_0.master..."

Regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, As I understand it, there is currently an IPS case 440018 on this which I believe is filed by your team. Not sure if you have had visibility to the IPS case. There have been discussion on-going in the IPS case. It would be great if you could refer to it. Please feel free to let me know if this is a different inquiry from the IPS case. Thank you.
altera33
Beginner

Hi,

yes, i asked my colleagues to open a support case. Can you add me to this case and make the diccussion visible for me? Otherwise, my colleagues need to forward every your message to me.

Thanks in advance

CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Based on my understanding, I am unable to add you to the case due to privacy purpose. If I understand it correctly, only the filer of the IPS case can add others into the visibility. You may try to ask your colleagues to see if he/she is able to add you in? Thank you. Best regards, Chee Pin
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, I will set this case to close and we will follow up using IPS case. Thank you.