Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Using Altera Multi-Port Front End (MPFE) with DDR2 Controller (ALTMEMPHY)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am trying to use Altera Multi-Port Front End (MPFE) code available from AN 637: Sharing External Memory Bandwidth Using the Multi-Port Front-End Reference Design. This design is for Stratix V, using Uniphy core are controller for DDR3. 

I am using only the MPFE source codes from the above reference design in Cyclone III with ALTMEMPHY DDR2 Controller. Now in my design i am trying to write and read data which is a video frame of 720x576 resolution.I could see that my write side is happening properly, but when i come to read side i find that at times the master-side of the MPFE gives 2 burst_transfer signals for reading from single address. Because of which i see that at the ALTMEMPHY local-side the data is been read from the same address twice. 

I had checked MPFE slave side to see whether signals are properly driven; I didn't see any difference. It would be of great help if anyone out here can give me some suggestions on this issue. i am attaching few snap shots of SignalTap for you reference.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you already solve this problem? 

I'm have the same issue in simulation and hardware.. 

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I am trying to use Altera Multi-Port Front End (MPFE) code available from AN 637: Sharing External Memory Bandwidth Using the Multi-Port Front-End Reference Design. This design is for Stratix V, using Uniphy core are controller for DDR3. 

I am using only the MPFE source codes from the above reference design in Cyclone III with ALTMEMPHY DDR2 Controller. Now in my design i am trying to write and read data which is a video frame of 720x576 resolution.I could see that my write side is happening properly, but when i come to read side i find that at times the master-side of the MPFE gives 2 burst_transfer signals for reading from single address. Because of which i see that at the ALTMEMPHY local-side the data is been read from the same address twice. 

I had checked MPFE slave side to see whether signals are properly driven; I didn't see any difference. It would be of great help if anyone out here can give me some suggestions on this issue. i am attaching few snap shots of SignalTap for you reference. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos