Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20793 Discussions

Using ghrd.v setting GPIO question

syuanyou
Beginner

Hi,

I am using ghrd.v to setting  project gpio for a while. It work correct before, but someday I found I couldn't replace gpio.  For example, I tried to replace a pin from gpio[2] to gpio[19], compile is fine, but it still maintain gpio[2] actually. I use quartus 21.1 lite and my board is DE0 board with cyclone V 5CSEMA4U23C6N. How do I fix the problem?

syuanyou 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Can you show your code?  Did you make the change in the Pin Planner?  More details needed.

0 Kudos
syuanyou
Beginner

I don't change the Pin Planner. I change the conduct gpio place in ghrd and compile like the graph below I changing GPIO_1[2] to GPIO_1[19], but when execute the code in board,it still maintain old pin in board. I tried the IP upgrade but it don't fix the problem.

question.png

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi syuanyou,

Do you still need help on this?

May I know did you check with any other GPIO pins which having signals which you can observe?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
syuanyou
Beginner

Hi,

The problem still exist. The other GPIO pins have the same problem. I replaced the GPIO in the pin planner with a new variable and reconnected, but it didn't improve the issue. I also tested it using SignalTap, and the GPIO operation on SignalTap is working correctly, just like the settings in GHRD.

Thank you

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi syuanyou,

I think can try with any GPIO LED indicators which you can use to observe the signal as reference to the issue on your design which you are facing:

For your reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/design-example/715027/cyclone-v-simple-pwm-design-w-cyclone-de0-cv.html

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos
syuanyou
Beginner

Hi,

I found the issue. the path to the .sof file in the programmer was incorrectly set to the previous file. After correcting it, everything is working fine now.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
aikeu
Employee

Hi syuanyou,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aik Eu

0 Kudos